5 ways to turn leftover kielbasa into appetizers
- Sweet & Sour Kielbasa – Kielbasa is drenched in a homemade sauce and slices are served on toothpicks, dripping with the sauce.
- Kielbasa Puffs – Kielbasa, your choice of spicy mustard, and crescent rolls come together to make pop-‘em-in-your-mouth treats.
- Arugula-Stuffed Flatbread – This flatbread could easily be cut into strips to make appetizer portions. Cheese, kielbasa and red onion accompany the arugula on this.
- Smoked Sausage Cups – My kielbasa isn’t smoked, but it would still work in this recipe that uses store-bought puffed pastry stuffed into mini muffin cups and then filled with diced kielbasa, marmalade and Dijon.
- Kielbasa, Sauerkraut, Onion and Cheddar Fried Cornbread Bites (Polish Hush Puppies) – Finely chopped cooked kielbasa plus other traditional Polish foods get battered and deep-fried.
The opinions expressed by MNN Bloggers and those providing comments are theirs alone, and do not reflect the opinions of MNN.com. While we have reviewed their content to make sure it complies with our Terms and Conditions, MNN is not responsible for the accuracy of any of their information.