I’m looking forward to going to my sister-in-law’s for Easter dinner on Sunday. I know she’ll be sending me home with leftovers, and I’m already planning how to turn the leftover ham into new creations. Here are a few leftover ham recipes to get you thinking about what to do if you end up with some, too.
- Leftover Ham and Gnocchi Skillet – This looks amazing. In addition to the ham and gnocchi, there are mushrooms, peas, onions, cheese and more in here – including some white wine that could use up any leftover wine you have from your dinner.
- Ham, Scallion and Cheddar Muffins – Savory muffins you can eat any time of day. These look very freezable, so making a big batch and pulling a couple out the night before for an quick, easy breakfast seems like a smart thing to do with these.
- Ham Cake-ettes – These are sort of like croquette, but in addition to using leftover ham, they use leftover mashed potatoes, too. Panko breadcrumbs give them a nice crust.
- Ham and Cheese Caramelized Onion Tart – From my favorite Irish food blogger Donal Skehan comes this beautiful tart. He sautés the onion for 10-15 minutes, but I like it done longer than that so if I planned ahead for this, I’d make slow cooker caramelized onions to put in it.
- Ham-n-Quinoa Hash with Baked Eggs – Sweet potatoes instead of white potatoes and the addition of powerhouse quinoa ups the nutrition in this one skillet meal.
- Macaroni Salad with Ham and Cheese – If you’re fortunate enough to live in a region where spring has truly arrived and are eating outdoors already, try this cold pasta salad.
- Ham and Broccoli Quinoa Bites – Turn the ham into an after school snack or something to munch on while watching a movie. Serve with a dip.
Also on MNN
The opinions expressed by MNN Bloggers and those providing comments are theirs alone, and do not reflect the opinions of MNN.com. While we have reviewed their content to make sure it complies with our Terms and Conditions, MNN is not responsible for the accuracy of any of their information.