I’m looking forward to going to my sister-in-law’s for Easter dinner on Sunday. I know she’ll be sending me home with leftovers, and I’m already planning how to turn the leftover ham into new creations. Here are a few leftover ham recipes to get you thinking about what to do if you end up with some, too.
- Leftover Ham and Gnocchi Skillet – This looks amazing. In addition to the ham and gnocchi, there are mushrooms, peas, onions, cheese and more in here – including some white wine that could use up any leftover wine you have from your dinner.
- Ham, Scallion and Cheddar Muffins – Savory muffins you can eat any time of day. These look very freezable, so making a big batch and pulling a couple out the night before for an quick, easy breakfast seems like a smart thing to do with these.
- Ham Cake-ettes – These are sort of like croquette, but in addition to using leftover ham, they use leftover mashed potatoes, too. Panko breadcrumbs give them a nice crust.
- Ham and Cheese Caramelized Onion Tart – From my favorite Irish food blogger Donal Skehan comes this beautiful tart. He sautés the onion for 10-15 minutes, but I like it done longer than that so if I planned ahead for this, I’d make slow cooker caramelized onions to put in it.
- Ham-n-Quinoa Hash with Baked Eggs – Sweet potatoes instead of white potatoes and the addition of powerhouse quinoa ups the nutrition in this one skillet meal.
- Macaroni Salad with Ham and Cheese – If you’re fortunate enough to live in a region where spring has truly arrived and are eating outdoors already, try this cold pasta salad.
- Ham and Broccoli Quinoa Bites – Turn the ham into an after school snack or something to munch on while watching a movie. Serve with a dip.
Also on MNN