7 variations on the classic s'more
Some food combinations are perfect together and the marriage of marshmallow, chocolate and graham cracker seems to be one of them. Traditionally, they come together around a campfire when people create s'mores, but they're are other fun options. Here are a few to try.
- S’mores Pretzel Hand Pies – A mixture of marshmallow cream (make your own if you don’t want to use the jarred stuff), cream cheese and chocolate get wrapped inside homemade pizza dough.
- S’mores Truffles – The graham crackers are on the inside of this twist on the classic. They’re crushed, mixed with marshmallow and some other good stuff, then rolled in melted milk chocolate.
- Toasted Marshmallow S’mores Ice Cream – Homemade ice cream (made with real cream, whole milk and egg yolks – this is not for calorie conscious) with chocolate chips and hazelnut spread gets covered with graham cracker sand.
- Toasty S’mores Shots – S’mores get boozy with marshmallow vodka and chocolate liquor and served in a shot glass rimmed with graham cracker crumbs.
- S’mores Cookies – Throw the graham crackers into the food processor and add the crumbs into a cookie recipe that has chocolate chips and marshmallow fluff in it.
- S’mores Pop Tarts – A pastry crust made with graham crackers and filled simply with marshmallow and chocolate.
- S’mores Crème Brulee – Two classics come together with graham cracker crumbs sprinkled on top of the burnt sugar.
Also on MNN
The opinions expressed by MNN Bloggers and those providing comments are theirs alone, and do not reflect the opinions of MNN.com. While we have reviewed their content to make sure it complies with our Terms and Conditions, MNN is not responsible for the accuracy of any of their information.