9 ideas to use leftover fresh lemon juice
- Freeze it. You can freeze the entire amount whole or freeze small amounts in ice cube trays and then put the frozen cubes in a freezer proof container to use when you just need a small amount of lemon juice.
- Lemon curd. Lemon curd is such a treat on toast and crackers. I chose this recipe because it doesn’t call for the lemon zest, only the juice.
- Lemon syrup. Make a small batch of lemon syrup to use in beverages or baking. If you’re not going to use it anytime soon, do a little small batch canning.
- Lemon-Garlic soup. Sounds like a great spring soup, doesn’t it? It’s gluten-free and part of a paleo diet, but you don’t have to follow either of those diets to enjoy it. This only uses half a cup of lemon juice, but you could double the recipe and freeze half.
- Sour mix. I’ve never bought a bottled sour mix that was any good. It’s so easy to make your own with water, sugar, lemon juice and lime juice.
- Lemonade. This recipe uses exactly one cup of lemon juice.
- Pink Lemonade Popsicles. Fresh raspberries make the pink in these popsicles – not artificial food dye.
- Tackle stains on white clothes. Lemon juice, salt and sun.
- Clean with it. Here are 24 ideas for using lemon juice as a natural cleaner around your home.
- 9 ways to use up leftover macaroni and cheese
- Green cleaning recipes
- 20 uses for old fruit and vegetable peels
The opinions expressed by MNN Bloggers and those providing comments are theirs alone, and do not reflect the opinions of MNN.com. While we have reviewed their content to make sure it complies with our Terms and Conditions, MNN is not responsible for the accuracy of any of their information.