Bacon and Summer Vegetable Medley
- 4 slices of bacon
- 1 c zucchini, sliced
- 1 c yellow squash, sliced
- 1 ½ c fresh corn kernels (frozen can be substituted)
- 1 small onion, diced
- ½ red bell pepper, diced
- pinch of pepper
- Cook bacon in a large skillet until just beginning to get crisp. Do not overcook. Remove cooked bacon and dice.
- Remove all but about a tablespoon of bacon drippings from the pan. Add vegetables and sauté for about 10 minutes over medium-high heat, stirring frequently.
- Season with pepper.
- The salt in the bacon should make this dish salty enough that no added salt is needed.
- Any variety of summer vegetables could be added to this – other color bell peppers, eggplant, shelled peas, green beans …. The possibilities are endless, although I probably wouldn’t use lettuces or tomatoes.
The opinions expressed by MNN Bloggers and those providing comments are theirs alone, and do not reflect the opinions of MNN.com. While we have reviewed their content to make sure it complies with our Terms and Conditions, MNN is not responsible for the accuracy of any of their information.