Cookbooks to try: 'Farmstead Chef'
Warm Zucchini Dip. (Photo: Robin Shreeves)
- 2 cups fresh zucchini, shredded
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup bell peppers, finely chopped (I used a mixture of orange, red and yellow)
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon canola oil or non-stick spray for preparing the pan
- Pita chips and sliced raw vegetables for dipping
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Toss the zucchini and the salt in a large bowl. Let sit for an hour to extract the water from the zucchini. (There will be a lot of water.)
Drain the zucchini and squeeze out any excess water.
Mix the mayonnaise, yogurt, cheese, peppers, green onions, garlic and Worcestershire sauce until well combined.
Prepare an 8-inch baking dish by lightly oiling it with canola oil or coating with non-stick spray.
Spread the dip evenly into the prepared pan and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until bubbly.
Serve hot with pita chips and a variety of fresh, raw vegetables for dipping.
Rhubarb Cream Bars
Cheese Roasted Asparagus
Blueberry Crumb Coffee Cake
Frittata of Leeks
The opinions expressed by MNN Bloggers and those providing comments are theirs alone, and do not reflect the opinions of MNN.com. While we have reviewed their content to make sure it complies with our Terms and Conditions, MNN is not responsible for the accuracy of any of their information.