Cookbooks to try: 'Quinoa Cuisine'
Black Bean, Corn, and Quinoa Salad with Lime Dressing. (Photo: Robin Shreeves)
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 2 cup water
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup yellow corn, fresh or frozen and thawed
- 1 green onion, white and green parts, sliced (I used two because I love green onion)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared yellow mustard
- pinch kosher salt
- pinch black pepper
- pinch granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Bring water and quinoa to a boil over high heat in a medium saucepan. Reduce to low, cover, and cook until all water is absorbed and quinoa is tender, about 10-12 minutes. Turn off heat and let quinoa sit for 5 minutes. Fluff with fork and let it cool.
In a medium bowl, combine the cooked quinoa, black beans, corn and green onion.
In a small bowl, whisk lime juice, cumin, mustard, salt, pepper and sugar. Slowly add olive oil, whisking continuously to emulsify.
Drizzle dressing over quinoa mixture. Stir to combine. Add cilantro and stir.
Serve at room temperature or refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours and serve chilled.
The opinions expressed by MNN Bloggers and those providing comments are theirs alone, and do not reflect the opinions of MNN.com. While we have reviewed their content to make sure it complies with our Terms and Conditions, MNN is not responsible for the accuracy of any of their information.