Looking for a recipe to make for an end-of-summer party that you haven’t made for every other backyard party this season? I’ve been hooked on Beck’s Creole Mayo this summer. It’s an all-natural sandwich spread, salad mixer and dip.
The mayo works great in this Creole Chicken Salad Canapé recipe. The salad sits on top of a cucumber round and is topped with grape tomatoes and scallions. The spicy (but not too spicy) mayo gives it all a great kick.
- 1 lb chicken breast*
- 2 stalks of celery
- 3 tablespoons Beck’s Creole Mayo
- 2 cucumbers
- 1 pint of grape tomatoes
- 1 bunch of chopped scallion greens
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Boil the chicken until cooked through and put in the refrigerator to cool
- Dice the celery and chicken and mix with Creole mayo
- Peel and slice the cucumber into rounds and lay flat on a serving plate
- Place a teaspoon of chicken salad on cucumber round
- Slice grape tomatoes in half and use to top the chicken salad
- Finish with sprinkled scallion and salt and pepper to taste
Also on MNN