Serve your family green food from sun up to sun down this St. Patrick’s Day. These recipes are naturally green, using no artificial food dyes.
- Almost Green Scrambled Eggs with Spinach – Lots of healthy spinach makes these eggs green.
- Green Beer Cheese Soup with Pesto Croutons – The green in this pureed soup comes from broccoli, and the soup uses Dubliner cheese to give it even more Irish credibility.
- Three Cheese Basil Ravioli – The green is kept natural in these ravioli by using basil pesto right in the ravioli dough.
- Shamrock Shake – Instead of food dye, a small handful of frozen baby spinach leaves are blended into this mint-flavored shake.
- Black Bean Brownies with Avocado Frosting – A ripe avocado makes the icing green on these brownies. This dye-free green frosting could be used on cupcakes, cookies and more.
Do you have a favorite green dish to serve on St. Patrick’s Day that gets its color naturally?