Serve your family green food from sun up to sun down this St. Patrick’s Day. These recipes are naturally green, using no artificial food dyes.
- Almost Green Scrambled Eggs with Spinach – Lots of healthy spinach makes these eggs green.
- Green Beer Cheese Soup with Pesto Croutons – The green in this pureed soup comes from broccoli, and the soup uses Dubliner cheese to give it even more Irish credibility.
- Three Cheese Basil Ravioli – The green is kept natural in these ravioli by using basil pesto right in the ravioli dough.
- Shamrock Shake – Instead of food dye, a small handful of frozen baby spinach leaves are blended into this mint-flavored shake.
- Black Bean Brownies with Avocado Frosting – A ripe avocado makes the icing green on these brownies. This dye-free green frosting could be used on cupcakes, cookies and more.
The opinions expressed by MNN Bloggers and those providing comments are theirs alone, and do not reflect the opinions of MNN.com. While we have reviewed their content to make sure it complies with our Terms and Conditions, MNN is not responsible for the accuracy of any of their information.