Prep time: 5 minutes
Total time: 10 minutes
- 1 14-ounce can chickpeas, drained
- 4 cloves black garlic
- 2 heaping tablespoons caramelized onions
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 small lemon, juiced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Place all ingredients except olive oil in a food processor and blend until well incorporated.
- Drizzle in olive oil to begin smoothing the hummus out. I needed all four tablespoons. You may need more or less depending on your preference.
- Continue to blend hummus in the food processor until it’s your desired consistency.
Check out these other hummus recipes
The opinions expressed by MNN Bloggers and those providing comments are theirs alone, and do not reflect the opinions of MNN.com. While we have reviewed their content to make sure it complies with our Terms and Conditions, MNN is not responsible for the accuracy of any of their information.