How to make creamy salad dressings without using dairy
Photo: Kimi Harris
Half of my family is dairy-intolerant, so for the most part, my family is dairy-free. It took me some time to learn how to keep the creaminess I loved without relying on dairy. Thankfully, there are plenty of natural, unprocessed foods available that make this task easier than you might think.
- Creamy Balsamic Vinaigrette: This dressing can be thrown together in five minutes or less and is delightful. I love the mix of contrasting flavors between the olive oil, coconut milk, balsamic vinegar, and garlic and mustard.
- Dairy-free Ranch Dressing: This lovely salad dressing uses two creamy additions – coconut milk and mayonnaise.
- Creamy Salad Dressing: This recipe is a great example of how well cashews can be used in a salad dressing for a creamy texture.
- Almost Ranch Dressing: This Ranch-like salad dressing uses coconut and cashews for a balanced flavor profile.
- Simple Avocado Dressing: This simple dressing uses rich avocado and bright orange juice for a flavorful dairy-free dressing.
- Sweet Onion Poppyseed Salad Dressing: This honey-sweetened, sweet onion dressing is not only dairy-free, but it’s amazing when served with a green salad topped with fruit, chicken, and nuts.
- For a Double Garlic Salad Dressing that uses both roasted garlic and raw garlic and my favorite Mexican Avocado Salad Dressing, you can check out my cookbook, "Fresh: Nourishing Salads for All Seasons."
The opinions expressed by MNN Bloggers and those providing comments are theirs alone, and do not reflect the opinions of MNN.com. While we have reviewed their content to make sure it complies with our Terms and Conditions, MNN is not responsible for the accuracy of any of their information.