Mom shares nourishing recipes and blogs about sustainable living.
How to make Strawberry and Coconut Cream Popsicles
These delightful and simple popsicles are quick to make and delicious on a hot day.
Tue, May 20, 2014 at 05:49 PM
It’s been a hot week around here, making us feel like we're already in mid-summer. Cool salads, grilling, ice cream
and popsicles are suddenly even more appealing. I love how incredibly simple it is to make homemade, healthy popsicles. It’s basically making a smoothie and then freezing it in molds.
And let’s admit it: Many store-bought popsicles are either full of junk, or overly expensive. And homemade tastes better anyways.
My girls certainly enjoyed them!
Note: How much extra sweetener you need to use depends on how sweet your strawberries are, so sweeten to taste. If you have rather lackluster strawberries, blend in a little strawberry jam for more punch.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 2 hours
Yield: 3 servings
Strawberry and Coconut Cream Popsicles
- 1 heaping cup of quartered and stemmed fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup of coconut cream from full-fat coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-4 tablespoons of sweetener of choice
- In a blender, combine the ingredients and blend until smooth. Start with the lowest amount of sweetener, taste test, and add additional as needed.
- Pour into molds and freeze until solid.
Related on MNN:
The opinions expressed by MNN Bloggers and those providing comments are theirs alone, and do not reflect the opinions of MNN.com. While we have reviewed their content to make sure it complies with our Terms and Conditions, MNN is not responsible for the accuracy of any of their information.