It’s been a hot week around here, making us feel like we're already in mid-summer. Cool salads, grilling, ice cream and popsicles are suddenly even more appealing. I love how incredibly simple it is to make homemade, healthy popsicles. It’s basically making a smoothie and then freezing it in molds.
And let’s admit it: Many store-bought popsicles are either full of junk, or overly expensive. And homemade tastes better anyways.
My girls certainly enjoyed them!
Note: How much extra sweetener you need to use depends on how sweet your strawberries are, so sweeten to taste. If you have rather lackluster strawberries, blend in a little strawberry jam for more punch.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 2 hours
Yield: 3 servings
Strawberry and Coconut Cream Popsicles
- 1 heaping cup of quartered and stemmed fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup of coconut cream from full-fat coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-4 tablespoons of sweetener of choice
- In a blender, combine the ingredients and blend until smooth. Start with the lowest amount of sweetener, taste test, and add additional as needed.
- Pour into molds and freeze until solid.
Related on MNN: