These drumsticks are speckled with lemon peel, freshly ground pepper, mustard, and garlic for a delicious flavor. Throw that lemon garlic salt out (it's usually loaded with MSG) and taste the real flavor of lemon and garlic!
Drumsticks are a frugal meat cut, so it’s easy on the budget and it’s a quick main dish too. It takes just a few minutes to throw the marinade together, and then it’s just a matter of sticking it in the oven. A simple and nourishing dish that is really very nice.
Lemon Garlic Drumsticks
Serves 3 (two drumsticks per person)
I’ve skipped the marinating time before and they are still wonderful without it. But they do have a more full flavor if you marinate longer. I’ve brought these twice on a picnic, and they were delicious cold too!
- 6 drumsticks (about 2 pounds)
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 3 large garlic cloves, peeled and finely minced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Lots of freshly ground pepper
- Zest of one large organic lemon (about 1 tablespoon)
- Juice of half the lemon
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
2. When ready to cook, preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Place drumsticks in a small casserole dish and bake for about 45 to 55 minutes, or until done. The juice should run clear when pierced with a knife.
The opinions expressed by MNN Bloggers and those providing comments are theirs alone, and do not reflect the opinions of MNN.com. While we have reviewed their content to make sure it complies with our Terms and Conditions, MNN is not responsible for the accuracy of any of their information.