- Hershey’s Perfectly Chocolate Cake & Frosting - This has been my go-to chocolate cake recipe for years. It’s incredibly moist and the best straightforward chocolate cake I’ve ever made. You don’t need to use Hershey’s Cocoa in this recipe. You can use the cocoa powder of your choice and just follow the recipe. I usually decrease the amount of cocoa powder in the frosting from 2/3 cup to 1/2 cup.
- Green & Black’s Organic Dark Chocolate Cake – Whole wheat pastry flour, flax seed, and maple syrup in replace of sugar give this cake a bit of a healthier boost. Maybe not the cake to bake if you’re snowed in and don’t have all of the ingredients, but if you’re able to safely get to a store today, you might want to give it a try topped with hot fudge.
- Organic Dark Chocolate Cake Easy Enough for a Weekday – This simple recipe makes a single-layer 8x8 inch frosted chocolate cake. This is a great choice if you want to have some chocolate cake today but don't want leftovers for tomorrow and the next day and the next day.
- Vegan Chocolate Cake – Almost 300 people on allrecipes.com have rated this cake 4 1/2 stars. Many of the people who rated it said that their non-vegan friends couldn’t tell the difference. It’s also a great recipe if you’re not vegan but you happen to be out of eggs.
- Chocolate Cupcakes and Peanut Butter Icing – Just to mix-it up a little, here’s Ina Garten’s recipe for chocolate cupcakes with peanut butter icing instead of chocolate. If you’re not a fan of peanut butter icing, there’s no reason you couldn’t frost the cupcakes with chocolate icing.
The opinions expressed by MNN Bloggers and those providing comments are theirs alone, and do not reflect the opinions of MNN.com. While we have reviewed their content to make sure it complies with our Terms and Conditions, MNN is not responsible for the accuracy of any of their information.