Pumpkin for breakfast, lunch, dinner and any time in between
- Pumpkin Raisin Oatmeal – Organic oats mixed with pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice, nuts and raisins is so easy to throw together in the morning.
- Pumpkin Pie Smoothie – Drink your pumpkin with a little yogurt that are whipped together with pumpkin pie spice for a quick breakfast on the go.
- Pumpkin Spice Latte – Don’t pay the high price of the specialty coffee house. You can make your own seasonal morning pick me up for a fraction of the cost.
- Roasted Pumpkin Soup – Roasting pumpkins or other squash brings out their sweetness. This pumpkin recipe also includes sweet potato and plenty of fall spices for a very pretty and delicious soup.
- Pumpkin Rosemary Hummus – Hummus in all sorts of varieties is a popular food right now. This version is perfect for the flavors of fall and makes a satisfying dip for your noontime veggies.
- Vegan Pumpkin Ravioli – Homemade pasta stuffed with roasted pumpkin and cashews. If you’re going to do the work for this recipe, make plenty. It freezes well.
- Parmesan Pumpkin Wedges – Sort of like pumpkin French fries, pumpkin is cut into wedges, tossed with fresh spices, Parmesan and break crumbs, and then baked. A dilly sauce puts the finishing touch on them.
- Sweet and Sour Pumpkin – Honey and red wine vinegar combine with a few other ingredients in this simple side dish.
- Pumpkin Bread – This is my family’s favorite pumpkin bread recipe. It’s moist and sweet. It makes six mini-loaves of pumpkin bread so it’s also perfect for holiday gifts.
- Super Moist Vegan Pumpkin Bread – Another version of pumpkin bread uses coconut milk and no eggs, making it a good choice for vegans.
- Pumpkin Spice Cookies – This is the recipe I was searching for yesterday. They can be vegan or not, depending on whether you use egg or egg substitute. They’re made from whole-wheat flour, are low in sugar, and are really good.
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies – Not quite as healthy of a cookie as the one above, but a real crowd pleaser.
The opinions expressed by MNN Bloggers and those providing comments are theirs alone, and do not reflect the opinions of MNN.com. While we have reviewed their content to make sure it complies with our Terms and Conditions, MNN is not responsible for the accuracy of any of their information.