Brussels Sprouts in Onion Butter (Photo: Robin Shreeves)
- 1 pound fresh Brussels sprouts, cleaned and cut in half
- 1/2 cup chicken broth (use vegetable broth to make it vegan)
- 1/2 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- a good squeeze of fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter (use olive oil to make it vegan)
- Dash salt and pepper, to taste
Melt butter in a heavy bottomed skillet, add onions and garlic, and sauté until until soft and tender. Add a good squeeze of fresh lemon juice.
In a separate pot, cook the Brussels sprouts in the chicken broth until soft to the chew, but not mushy, 10-12 minutes. Sprouts should still be bright green.
Drain the chicken broth and combine the onion butter and the Brussels sprouts. Season with salt & pepper. Serve immediately.
The opinions expressed by MNN Bloggers and those providing comments are theirs alone, and do not reflect the opinions of MNN.com. While we have reviewed their content to make sure it complies with our Terms and Conditions, MNN is not responsible for the accuracy of any of their information.