Recipe: Oven-dried Grape Tomato and Basil Hummus
Photo: Robin Shreeves
- 15.5-ounce can of chick peas/garbonzo beans
- 2 tablespoons Tahini
- 3-4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons roasted garlic
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1/3 cup oven-dried (or sun-dried) grape tomatoes (other types of dried tomatoes could be substituted)
- 1 tablespoons of chopped, fresh basil
- 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- Place all ingredients in a food processor or blender and blend until creamy smooth. The longer you blend, the smoother it will become.
- Can be served immediately, but it improves after several hours in the refrigerator.
Go easy on the salt. I used 1/2 teaspoon and realized that if I had used any more, it would have been too salty. I had forgotten that my oven-dried tomatoes were already salted. Start with the 1/4 teaspoon, taste, and if you feel it needs more, add it.
The opinions expressed by MNN Bloggers and those providing comments are theirs alone, and do not reflect the opinions of MNN.com. While we have reviewed their content to make sure it complies with our Terms and Conditions, MNN is not responsible for the accuracy of any of their information.