The Hungry Housewife concocted a pumpkin pie oatmeal that inspired me to create my own version. You have to try this. It’s so delicious, and it’s a perfect breakfast to usher in fall this week.
It’s easy to throw together, and you’ll feel like you’re eating something much more gourmet than you actually are.
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup organic oats
- 2 1/2 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tablespoons of milk
- a handful of raisins
- a handful of nuts (optional) — walnuts, pecans, almonds
- Cook oatmeal in water according to directions.
- Add pumpkin puree, honey, brown sugar, and pumpkin pie spice to cooked oatmeal. Stir until well blended.
- Pour into bowl, add raisins and nuts on top. Pour milk over it.