Recipe: Pumpkin Raisin Oatmeal
Photo: Robin Shreeves
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup organic oats
- 2 1/2 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tablespoons of milk
- a handful of raisins
- a handful of nuts (optional) — walnuts, pecans, almonds
- Cook oatmeal in water according to directions.
- Add pumpkin puree, honey, brown sugar, and pumpkin pie spice to cooked oatmeal. Stir until well blended.
- Pour into bowl, add raisins and nuts on top. Pour milk over it.
The opinions expressed by MNN Bloggers and those providing comments are theirs alone, and do not reflect the opinions of MNN.com. While we have reviewed their content to make sure it complies with our Terms and Conditions, MNN is not responsible for the accuracy of any of their information.