- 4 1/2 cups water
- 2-3 tablespoons white miso, to taste
- 1-2 tablespoons soy sauce or tamari, to taste
- 8-ounce wild Alaska sole fillets sliced in 1⁄2-inch wide strips
- 8 shiitake mushrooms, stems removed and thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, julienned
- 1/2 cup julienned daikon radish
- 1-2 green onions, diagonally sliced
- 1/2 cup cilantro sprigs, for garnish
- Salt and pepper, to taste
In a medium sauce pot, heat water to boiling; whisk in miso and soy sauce. When liquid returns to a boil, add fish and cook 3 to 4 minutes or until sole is opaque throughout.
Divide and portion the vegetables and mushrooms into 4 large shallow bowls. Pour the hot broth over; garnish with cilantro leaves. Add salt and pepper, to taste.
The opinions expressed by MNN Bloggers and those providing comments are theirs alone, and do not reflect the opinions of MNN.com. While we have reviewed their content to make sure it complies with our Terms and Conditions, MNN is not responsible for the accuracy of any of their information.