Recipes: 5 for National Trail Mix Day
- Energy Munch Recipe - Dried fruits for sweetness, nuts for protein, and sesame cracker sticks for some spice are the simple ingredients in this throw-together-and-eat trail mix recipe.
- Spicy Chickpea Trail Mix – Curry powder brings the spice, brown sugar and raisins add some sweetness and baked chickpeas add a powerhouse of protein in this nut-free trail mix.
- Pumpkin Seed Dried Cherry Trail Mix – Seeds, not nuts, are the base of this trail mix (although it does contain almonds). Pumpkin, sunflower seeds, almonds, dried cherries and maple syrup are the ingredients in this trail mix that I can’t wait to make.
- Gourmet Trail Mix – A standard nuts, dried fruits, and chocolate chip trail mix with the added flavors of crystalized ginger and flaked coconut.
- Asian Trail Mix – This might be considered a little more gourmet than the gourmet one above. Several varieties of nuts that are spiced with an Asian flare. It takes two days to put together, but the recipe makes two pounds of trail mix that will last while.
The opinions expressed by MNN Bloggers and those providing comments are theirs alone, and do not reflect the opinions of MNN.com. While we have reviewed their content to make sure it complies with our Terms and Conditions, MNN is not responsible for the accuracy of any of their information.