Seasonal recipes: 5 for apricots
- Caramelized Apricots with Almond Cream – I halved this recipe and made with some of the apricots I bought. Delicious. This would make a special dessert for company. Make the almond cream earlier in the day, and cook up the apricots while you're allowing dinner to settle.
- Curried Lentil and Apricot Salad with Arugula – Packed with nutritional lentils, vegetables and, of course, apricot, this salad uses apricots when in season, but can also be made with peaches or nectarines later in the summer.
- Breakfast Apricot Crisp – Cook the night before and allow the tartness to mellow overnight, then serve this crisp reheated with a scoop of yogurt on top.
- Apricot Chicken Provencal – Apricots and apricot preserves create a sauce to serve with chicken drumsticks that have been baked with herbs de Provence.
- Blackberry-Apricot Jam – For those that have joined the canning craze, here's a recipe for a jam using summer apricots and blackberries that can be preserved and enjoyed all year long.
The opinions expressed by MNN Bloggers and those providing comments are theirs alone, and do not reflect the opinions of MNN.com. While we have reviewed their content to make sure it complies with our Terms and Conditions, MNN is not responsible for the accuracy of any of their information.