Seasonal recipes: 5 for cherries
- Individual Cherry-Blueberry Trifles – This fancy but easy dessert uses two fresh seasonal fruits. Layered with lady fingers and non-fat vanilla Greek yogurt, it's a light, refreshing treat.
- Fresh Cherry Salsa – Fresh cherries are mixed with dried tart cherries and more traditional salsa ingredients to create a dip for chips or a topping for grilled fish or chicken.
- Savory Cherry Compote – Port or red wine is cooked down with sweet cherries, shallots, fresh rosemary and more to accompany pork, chicken or even duck.
- Sweet-and-Sour Cherry Turnovers with Goat Cheese Cream – A breakfast treat, these turnovers made in puff pastry add a creamy goat cheese filling to a cherry mixture.
- Grilled Cheese with Fresh Cherries – This isn't just a grilled cheese sandwich; this is grilled camembert (or brie) with a fresh cherry jam served on toasted baguette slices.
The opinions expressed by MNN Bloggers and those providing comments are theirs alone, and do not reflect the opinions of MNN.com. While we have reviewed their content to make sure it complies with our Terms and Conditions, MNN is not responsible for the accuracy of any of their information.