Seasonal recipes: 5 for Father's Day breakfast
- French Toast Kabobs – Kids will have fun skewing French toast cubes and fresh fruit for Dad. The recipe calls for blueberries, raspberries and bananas, but you can use whatever fruit is in season.
- Scrambled Egg Muffins – This recipe calls for cooked sausage to be added to eggs and placed in muffin tins to be baked in the oven. Bacon can be substituted for the sausage or no meat at all could be used – just all veggies. Each muffin can be individualized so that everyone can enjoy a scrambled egg muffin in the way they like it. The possibilities are endless with this recipe.
- Vegan Breakfast Bars – If Dad's a vegan, these bars will be fun and easy for the kids to make the day before Father's Day. They're full of dried fruit, almond butter and whole grain cereal.
- Overnight Ice Cream French Toast with Cinnamon Banana Syrup – I've never seen an overnight French toast dish that used ice cream as the base to dip the bread in, but kids will love making breakfast for Dad with ice cream. The recipe uses vanilla, but it suggests that coffee, pumpkin or caramel might also be good ice cream flavors to use.
- Caramel Apple Granola Pots – You can use store-bought granola for these parfait type breakfasts or you can make granola the day before. Granola, caramelized apples and yogurt are layered in small glasses.
The opinions expressed by MNN Bloggers and those providing comments are theirs alone, and do not reflect the opinions of MNN.com. While we have reviewed their content to make sure it complies with our Terms and Conditions, MNN is not responsible for the accuracy of any of their information.