Eggplant is a hearty vegetable, and it holds up very well when done on the grill. It’s perfect sliced, drizzled with a little olive oil, salt & pepper, and then grilled and served alongside whatever meat your grilling. But, it’s also perfect as a substitute for meat. These recipes all call for grilled eggplant, and when served with a variety of other meatless side dishes, they make a satisfying meal.
- Grilled Eggplant and Goat Cheese Salad – I’m not sure I would call this a salad. Grilled eggplant gets some herbs, pine nuts and goat cheese piled on top, but whatever it should technically be called, it looks delicious.
- Grilled Eggplant Panini – Grilled eggplant, other fresh summer vegetables get topped with cheese and placed between bread toasted on the grill.
- Eggplant and yellow pepper dip – This recipe calls for the vegetables to be roasted, but you could just as easily throw them on the grill. It’s a good dip for vegetables, pita or crackers.
- Halloumi and Eggplant Kebobs – Don’t know what halloumi is? That’s okay. Neither did I. It’s a “firm, white cheese that is mild and salty and has a very high melting point.” The cheese and eggplant are skewered with whatever summer vegetables you want, then grilled for a Greek-flavored dinner.
- Grilled Stuffed Eggplant – Eggplant boats are stuffed with tomatoes, breadcrumbs, a little Parmesan cheese, and some herbs and spices, then grilled to a golden crisp.
The opinions expressed by MNN Bloggers and those providing comments are theirs alone, and do not reflect the opinions of MNN.com. While we have reviewed their content to make sure it complies with our Terms and Conditions, MNN is not responsible for the accuracy of any of their information.