- Slow Cooker Corned Beef and Cabbage Chowder – You can turn all your St. Patrick’s Day leftovers into a chowder on March 18. It’s sort of the St. Patrick’s Day version of turkey soup after Thanksgiving.
- Corned Beef Hash – St. Patrick’s Day corned beef dinner becomes the next day’s quick breakfast (or another dinner) in a skillet when paired with potatoes and eggs.
- Corned Beef and Cabbage Turnovers – Leftover corned beef is sautéed with onion and shredded cabbage and turned into a filling for puff pastry. A mustardy dip recipe is included.
- Irish Tacos – Shredded corned beef and coleslaw fill soft flour tortillas in this Irish version of a Mexican standard.
- St. Patrick’s Colcannon – Leftover corned beef is added to the standard potatoes and cabbage in this twist on Colcannon, an Irish comfort food.
Do you have any good recipes that use up leftover corned beef? Share them with us in the comments if they aren’t secret family recipes, please.
The opinions expressed by MNN Bloggers and those providing comments are theirs alone, and do not reflect the opinions of MNN.com. While we have reviewed their content to make sure it complies with our Terms and Conditions, MNN is not responsible for the accuracy of any of their information.