- Cheese & Spinach Stuffed Portobellos – If you like vegetarian lasagna, you’re going to love this. Ricotta, spinach, marinara and Parmesan cheese are stuffed inside a large Portobello mushroom cap. Perfect for a Meatless Monday or any night.
- Basic Cooked Spinach – When done right, cooked spinach doesn’t have to be mushy and flavorless. Simply Recipes explains that when cooked until just wilting and with a little olive oil, garlic, and salt, cooked spinach is a treat.
- Spinach and Tortellini Salad – A summer salad that mixes cooked tortellini with fresh spinach, red onion, artichoke hearts, and vinaigrette. Can be served warm or chilled.
- Spinach Soup with Egg Strips – A simple chicken broth soup (vegetable broth can be substituted for vegetarians), cooked eggs, spinach, scallions and garlic flavor the broth for a summer soup.
- Chickpea, Spinach, Feta, and Pepita Tacos – A very different sort of soft taco, but it’s full of healthy, flavorful ingredients including pumpkin seeds and avocado.
I love hunting down the recipes for my “5 for…” posts. I always discover ways to serve fresh, seasonal produce that I would never have thought of. I hope that you found one or two recipes in the mix that you’ve never thought of but want to give a try.
The opinions expressed by MNN Bloggers and those providing comments are theirs alone, and do not reflect the opinions of MNN.com. While we have reviewed their content to make sure it complies with our Terms and Conditions, MNN is not responsible for the accuracy of any of their information.