Seasonal recipes: 5 for turnips
- Turnip and Roasted Garlic Puree – Instead of roasted garlic mashed potatoes, try this recipe instead. The turnips and garlic are roasted side-by-side in the oven, and then they’re pureed in the food processor with a little olive oil and salt & pepper.
- Braised Turnips with Mustard Sauce – Turnips are braised in a pan, and then the juices in the pan are turned into a mustard sauce that gets poured over the turnips.
- Glazed Carrots and Turnips – A little sugar and butter creates a glaze for carrots and turnips that are cooked on the stovetop.
- World’s Greatest Vegetable Broth – If you like to make your own broth to freeze and keep on hand for recipes, this version uses turnips and other vegetables to create a flavorful vegetable broth. The vegetables that are strained out of the broth can be refrigerated and snacked on cold.
- Turnip and Potato Patties – Cooked turnips and potatoes are mashed and formed into patties and fried in a little oil to create something like a potato pancake.
What's your favorite way to prepare turnips?
The opinions expressed by MNN Bloggers and those providing comments are theirs alone, and do not reflect the opinions of MNN.com. While we have reviewed their content to make sure it complies with our Terms and Conditions, MNN is not responsible for the accuracy of any of their information.