- Organic Oatmeal Pancakes – This recipe originated at Atlanta’s Flying Biscuit cafe, and the oatmeal in them ups the nutrition factor of the basic pancake by adding whole grain and fiber. The batter needs to be refrigerated at least two hours before using, so plan accordingly.
- Whole Wheat Blueberry Pancakes – 283 people on allrecipes.com have rated this pancake recipe 4 ½ stars. I’d switch out the artificial sweetener for organic sugar or omit altogether.
- Sweet Potato Pancakes – I had Sweet Potato Pancakes with cranberries once at a restaurant, and they were so good. It would be easy to add dried cranberries to this recipe for something totally different than the pancakes you’re used to.
- Ricotta Cinnamon Pancakes with Sauteed Apples – Whole wheat flour and part-skim ricotta are the basis for these pancakes that have more protein than your basic pancake. If I wasn’t going to do basic pancakes tonight, these are the ones I’d probably try.
- Moby’s Vegan Blueberry Pancakes – Singer Moby shared his vegan pancake recipe with Epicurious. The recipe uses three types of whole grains plus soy or rice milk.
The opinions expressed by MNN Bloggers and those providing comments are theirs alone, and do not reflect the opinions of MNN.com. While we have reviewed their content to make sure it complies with our Terms and Conditions, MNN is not responsible for the accuracy of any of their information.