The only Labor Day recipes you'll need
- Roasted Red Pepper Hummus — A decade or so ago, this might have seemed like an odd choice for many Super Bowl parties. Now this Mediterranean spread has become mainstream, and everyone loves it as a dip for veggies, crackers and chips.
- Guacamole — Double or triple this recipe because this basic guacamole will go quickly
- Ranch dressing and dip — Don’t buy bottled. This recipe can be thinned out for dressing or thickened for a dip and has none of the sugary, chemically taste that store-bought dips can have.
- Tomato Watermelon Salad — Two summer staples come together in this salad that celebrates the end-of-summer bounty.
- Spicy Beet, Leek and Walnut Salad — There's lots of texture and flavor in this salad recipe.
- Ribbon Carrot and Zucchini Salad — Head right to the garden or the farmers market for most of the ingredients for this summer salad.
- Mixed Greens and Blue Cheese Salad — This is my personal favorite salad. Simple and tasty with dried cranberries and pecans.
- Grilled Eggplant with Red Bell Pepper Sandwich — No one will miss the meat in the hearty, savory, veggie-heavy sandwich.
- Tofu Sriracha — Another meatless dish that’s spicy and grilled with green onions to offset the heat.
- Black Bean Burger — Once these patties are assembled and grilled, they get topped just like a beef burger would.
- Mushroom Burger — Mushrooms are so meaty, and these burgers use sauteed mushrooms instead of ground beef as the base for a hearty burger.
- Corn on the Cob — Just in case you weren’t sure how to prepare this classic in the classic manner, we have the simple instructions.
- Baked Beans — In this roundup of summer slow cooker recipes, you’ll find slow cooker baked beans. It’s good to have a few hands-off dishes when you’re feeding a crowd.
- Sweet Potato Salad — No mayo in this spicy potato salad — just healthy olive oil and plenty of fresh herbs and spices.
- Penne Pasta Salad with Black Olives — Make this salad a day ahead of time to let the flavors meld together.
- Bourbon and Maple Peach Cobbler — Peaches are an end of summer treat. Try fresh peaches in this recipe.
- Summer Fruit Pizza — Cookie dough is used for crust and sweetened cream cheese holds the fresh fruit topping onto the pie.
- Vegan Chocolate Cupcakes with Buttercream Frosting — Please a crowd of kids and adults alike with these moist cupcakes.
Also on MNN
The opinions expressed by MNN Bloggers and those providing comments are theirs alone, and do not reflect the opinions of MNN.com. While we have reviewed their content to make sure it complies with our Terms and Conditions, MNN is not responsible for the accuracy of any of their information.