Sweet potatoes shine at Thanksgiving, but they’re versatile enough to use any time. These 10 recipes for sweet potatoes will have you cooking throughout the winter and into spring.
- Sweet Potato Casserole. This is the recipe I use for Thanksgiving dinner, and it’s like having dessert with your dinner. The mashed sweet potatoes are mixed with milk, eggs, butter and sugar and topped with a pecan-brown sugar topping.
- Gingery Sweet Potato and Apple Sauted with Roasted Almonds. The sauteed seasonal sweet potatoes and apples are served on a bed of greens in this healthy, vegan recipe.
- Curry and Maple Sweet Potato Soup. A pureed soup, full of flavor.
- Mashed Sweet Potatoes and Pears. A combination that pairs surprisingly well, this is an easy, unexpected side dish.
- Cauliflower, Sweet Potato Latkes. A traditional latke recipe for a Hanukkah celebration or as a side dish to any meal.
- Sweet Potato and Black Bean Quesadilla. A fast meal for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
- Sweet Potato Corn Bread. This recipe makes two loaves — one for now and one to freeze for a future meal.
- Sweet Potato Fries. Seasoned with chili powder and garlic, these fries aren't fried, they're baked.
- Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Garlic Butter. Whole sweet potatoes are roasted in the oven and topped with extra-special butter.
- Sweet Potato and Oatmeal Breakfast Bake with Pecan Crumble. This breakfast casserole is high in nutrition and low in sugar. It's a great dish to use up a sweet potato or two that didn’t get cooked on Thanksgiving.
Related on MNN: