Weekend reads: Cookery bookery
- Smithsonian discusses the difference between using traditional cookbooks and e-readers, searches and apps for recipes and wonders “Will websites and e-readers ultimately replace the tried-and-true hard copy cookbook?”
- I recently discovered that singer Sheryl Crow has written a cookbook with chef Chuck White. “If It Makes You Healthy” contains more than 100 recipes inspired by the seasons. Barnes & Noble has a video on its Facebook page in which Crow explains why she wrote the book and why she eats organic.
- Care2 shared a list of 5 essential vegan and vegetarian cookbooks.
- Tonic lists 9 cookbooks that changed everything. Of course Julia Child’s masterpiece is on the list, but you might be surprised at some of the others.
- Here on MNN, there’s a piece on a $625 cookbook! “Modernist Cuisine: The Art of Science and Cooking” is a 40-pound, 2,400-plus page, five volume cookbook that is being both praised and questioned by experts.
Image: Matt Callow
The opinions expressed by MNN Bloggers and those providing comments are theirs alone, and do not reflect the opinions of MNN.com. While we have reviewed their content to make sure it complies with our Terms and Conditions, MNN is not responsible for the accuracy of any of their information.