The classic BLT sandwich only gets better when it's topped with a fried egg.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
Yield: Serves 1
- 4 to 6 slices thick bacon
- 1 teaspoon rendered bacon fat or vegetable oil
- 4 slices sourdough bread, lightly toasted
- 2 teaspoons reduced calorie mayonnaise
- Leafy greens, Bibb or romaine lettuce
- 1 vine grown tomato, sliced
- 1 tbs. garlic chives, chopped fine
- 2 jumbo eggs
- 1 tbs. water
- Freshly ground pepper and salt to taste
Place bacon on baking sheet double lined with parchment paper. Place baking sheet on lower rack of set to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Cook bacon for 15 to 20 minutes until golden brown. Place bacon on paper towels, setting aside 1 teaspoon rendered bacon fat.
Spread mayo on two slices of bread. Then add lettuce, tomato and bacon.
Heat rendered fat in large heavy bottomed skillet, about 1 minute. Crack eggs into pan. Add water. Cook until the egg whites begin bubble, cover skillet for about 1 minute. Yolk should be runny. Place egg on top of bacon. Add salt and pepper to taste.