As simple as stacking pancakes, let nature do the work in creating this elegant appetizer.
- Several handfuls of any combination of fresh edible flowers including pansies, borage, mustard, peonies, marigolds, nasturtiums, geraniums, runner beans and fennel fronds
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- Half teaspoon dried dill
- Half teaspoon dried chives
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 5.5 oz. package crisp bread
Prep time: 30 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
- Gently rinse flowers in cool water. Check for bugs. Place on paper towels to dry.
- In mixing bowl combine dried herbs, cream cheese and water. Fold until well blended, about two minutes.
- Using a sharp knife divide crisp bread evenly into two sections, resulting in about 22 canapés squares.
- On larger flowers use fingers to gently separate petals from pistil and stamen.
- Spread teaspoon of herbed cream cheese on each cracker.
- Decorate canapé squares with flowers. Use rose petals as garnish (optional). Serve immediately.
Makes about 22 canapé squares.