The Bollywood edition of this movie theater staple is an addictive alternative to salted and buttery popcorn.
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup popcorn kernels
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
Prep time: 5 minutes
Total time: 10 minutes
- Combine first 5 ingredients in mixing bowl. Stir and set aside.
- Using a 5- to 6-quart cooking pot with tight fitting lid, heat oil on high about 1 minute. Add 3 kernels and close lid. Oil is ready when kernels pop.
- Add remaining kernels. Move pot rapidly from side to side over high heat, holding lid slightly ajar to allow steam to escape. Remove from heat when kernels stop popping, about 2 minutes. Allow to cool. Dress with olive oil and toss with curry seasoning.
Yield: 1 large bowl