Bake a lighter, healthier pizza in the amount of time it takes to watch a sitcom.
- 2 ripe plum tomatoes, sliced thin
- Half an onion, sliced thin
- Sea salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1 12-inch pre-baked pizza crust
- Handful fresh basil, shredded
- 1 ounce Parmesan cheese, grated
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
Set oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Place sliced tomatoes and onion in mixing bowl. Add salt and 1 tablespoon olive oil. Stir. Place toppings on large baking sheet and cook until oven reaches the desired temperature, about 10 minutes.
Remove baking sheet from oven. Place toppings and grated cheese on pizza crust. Brush exposed edges of pie crust with remaining olive oil. Return baking sheet to oven for about 10 minutes, or until crust is golden. Reduce heat and sprinkle pizza with basil and Parmesan cheese. Return to oven for about two minutes.
Cut into 8 slices and serve hot.