Mango Chili Fruit Pop
First the "Ah!" then the "Oh my!?" A staple of Mexican cuisine, the sweetness of fruit meets the heat of chilies.
Mango Chili Fruit Pops
Prep time: 15 minutes
Total time: 4 hours
Yield: 8-10 pops
- 1 ripe mango, peeled and diced
- 1/2 teaspoon chili pepper powder
- Pinch salt
- 2 cups frozen mango pieces
- 1 cup pineapple, chopped
- 3/4 cup filtered water
- 4 tablespoons organic sugar
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- Dust diced mango with chili pepper powder and salt.
- Combine frozen mango, water, sugar and lime in a blender. Process until smooth, about 30 seconds. Pour into molds about 2/3 full. Add diced mango to each mold. Cover with a sheet of plastic wrap and place mold in freezer for 1 about hour. When the pops are slushy, slash small holes in covering and insert sticks. Freeze until firm, about 4 hours.
- Remove from freezer. Run molds under warm water for a few seconds. Thaw 2-3 minutes. Gently tug on sticks to remove pops from mold and serve.