Orange Yogurt Fruit Pops
Silky on the edges then crunchy in the middle, these creamy pops are a lower-calorie alternative to ice cream.
Orange Yogurt Fruit Pop
Prep time: 15 minutes
Total time: 4 hours
Yield: 6 pops
- 1 cup fresh orange juice, any combination of navel, tangerines, tangelos, Valencia
- 1 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 2 tablespoons organic sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
- Combine juice, yogurt, sugar and extract in a blender and process until blended for about, 30 seconds.
- Pour ingredients into forms about 2/3 full. Cover with a sheet of light plastic wrap and place form in freezer. When the pops are slushy (about 1 hour), slash small holes in covering and insert sticks. Freeze for about 4 hours until firm.
- Remove from freezer. Run mold under warm water for a few seconds. Thaw 2 to 3 minutes. Gently tug on sticks to remove pops from mold and serve.