Parmesan Pumpkin Wedges
Crispy on the outside, soft in the middle with just enough seasoning to change your mind on what to expect from pumpkins.
Parmesan Pumpkin WedgesPrep time: 25 minutes
Total time: 60 minutes
Yield: Serves 2-4
- 1 small sugar pumpkin
- 3 tablespoons bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 6 tablespoons parsley, chopped fine
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme, chopped fine
- 1 large fresh lemon, zested
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Pinch salt
- Pinch white pepper
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons mascarpone
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut pumpkin in half. Remove top vine, scrape away seeds and pulp with rounded edge of spoon. Cut pumpkin lengthwise into wedges approximately 1/2 inch thick.
- In shallow mixing bowl combine bread crumbs, Parmesan, parsley, thyme, lemon zest, garlic, salt and white pepper. Stir until well blended, about 1 minute.
- Line baking sheet with aluminum foil and lightly coat with olive oil. Place wedges on sheet and brush with remaining oil. Then roll wedges in mixing bowl, adding thick coating of bread crumbs. Return to baking sheet and place on center rack of oven. Cook about 30 minutes or until tender. If pumpkin wedges begin to blacken, cover with additional foil.
- Combine mascarpone, yogurt and dill in mixing bowl. Stir until blended, about 30 seconds. Plate wedges, drizzle with sauce and dust with remaining bread crumbs.