Packed with protein, light, fluffy eggs cooked to perfection with sauteed veggies create a great breakfast combo.
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- Dollop vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon butter
- 4 ounces cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 4 ounces baby spinach, stemmed and rinsed
- 2 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- Dash salt to taste
- Dash pepper to taste
Total time: 20 minutes
- Combine eggs in mixing bowl. Lightly beat until eggs have an even consistency, about 1 minute.
- Add light coating of oil in heavy-bottomed 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat about 1 minute. Pour eggs into center of skillet. Slowly roll egg batter from side to side about 2 minutes. As edges begin to brown and eggs firm up, reduce heat and cover.
- Melt butter in heavy-bottomed skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms. As mushrooms begin to brown add spinach. Stir. Remove from heat when spinach wilts, becoming bright green, about 2 minutes.
- Plate omelet. Add cooked vegetables to omelet. Top veggies with crumbled feta and season to taste. Fold and serve.