BBQ Chicken Polenta
Stack shredded barbecued chicken on top of flying saucers of golden polenta to create a crowd-pleasing appetizer. BBQ Chicken Polenta
- 2 ripe avocados, mashed
- 1 lime, juice and zest
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided equally
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons plus 4 ounces water, divided
- Half red onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Half rotisserie chicken, shredded dark and white meat
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 18 ounce tube polenta, cut into ⅓-inch to ½-inch sections
Prep time: 40 minutes
Total time: 60 minutes
- To make the avocado spread, combine avocados, lime, garlic, 1 tablespoon olive oil, sea salt and 2 teaspoons water in large bowl. Stir until the consistency is creamy, about two minutes. Set aside and chill.
- To make the barbecued chicken, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in large skillet. Add onions, vinegar and sugar. Stir gently until onions turn brown, about 10 minutes. Add rotisserie chicken, 4 ounces water and barbecue sauce. Salt to taste. Simmer over low heat.
- Brush each cut section of polenta with olive oil. Place sections on a contact grill and heat until rounds turn golden yellow, about 10 minutes. Remove from grill and allow polenta to cool.
- Using a teaspoon, place a dab of avocado sauce and barbecued chicken on each polenta round. Serve warm.
Makes about 18 rounds