Mushroom Asparagus Frittata
Woodland delicacies, mushrooms and asparagus are a winning combination, containing antiviral and anticancer properties.
Mushroom Asparagus FrittataServes 4 to 6
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 8 medium button mushrooms, sliced thin
- 8 medium crimini mushrooms, sliced thin
- 8 stalks asparagus, chopped into 1-inch sections
- 1 medium white onion, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 9 eggs, beaten
- 2 ounces whole milk
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Dried thyme, basil and dill
Prep time: 15 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in large frying pan. Add mushrooms. Cook until browned, 5 to 6 minutes. Add asparagus. Cook until tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Season veggies with thyme and basil. Reduce heat.
Beat eggs in mixing bowl. Add half of the Parmesan cheese. Add Cajun spice. Pour mixture over vegetables.
Raise heat. Turn eggs to prevent veggies from browning on bottom. When eggs begin to set, pour contents into oiled 9-inch or 12-inch pie pan.
Place on top rack of oven. When crust turns golden brown, turn off oven. Sprinkle frittata with remaining Parmesan and dill. Return to oven about 2 minutes. Serve hot.