Rosemary and Garlic Mushrooms with Pasta
Pan-fried mushrooms sweat first, expelling water and turning a lovely shade of dark brown while cooking, intensifying their flavor.
Rosemary and Garlic Mushrooms With Pasta
- 8 ounces dry pasta, elbow or penne
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 12 ounces mixed mushrooms, sliced thin: button, cremini, shiitake
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- Pinch sea salt
- Pinch ground black pepper
- 2 ounces dry white wine
- 1 ounce Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 sprig rosemary, optional garnish
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- In large heavy-bottomed skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat, about 1 minute. Add mushrooms, garlic, rosemary, salt and pepper. Saute mushrooms until almost dry, about 10 minutes. Add wine and cook until liquid is almost gone, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Toss with cooked pasta in large bowl. Sprinkle cheese. Plate and serve.
Yield: Serves 2