- 2 cups chickpeas, uncooked
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary leaves, chopped fine
- 2 ounces red wine vinegar
- 1 head garlic, roasted
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 ounces Italian parsley, stemmed and chopped
- 2 ounces green olives, sliced
- 2 ounces black olives, sliced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Salt and pepper to taste
Prep time: 30 minutes
Total time: 1 hour 30 minutes, plus overnight
Rinse and place chickpeas in large cooking pot and cover with cold water. Soak overnight. Drain and discard water.
Return peas to cooking pot and cover with cold water. Add rosemary sprigs. Bring pot to a boil. Cover and reduce heat, simmering for one hour or until chickpeas are tender. Add water as needed. Drain and remove sprigs.
Meanwhile, combine remaining ingredients in large bowl and stir. Toss chickpeas with vinaigrette and serve at room temperature.
Serves 8 to 10 as a side dish.