Fit for the gods, dark chocolate and chilies.
Total time: 20 minutes, plus refrigeration
Yield: Makes about 24 bite-sized chunks
- 4 ounces hulled unsalted pumpkin seeds
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon chili pepper, preferably ancho
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- Dash sea salt
- 12 ounces 72% cacao dark chocolate, broken into pieces
- Line baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Toast seeds in heavy-bottomed skillet over medium heat. Cook until seeds hiss and pop, becoming fragrant, about 5 minutes. Combine with cinnamon, chili and cayenne and stir. Sprinkle with salt. Allow to cool.
- Add half of chocolate to double boiler over medium heat. Melt, stirring occasionally, about 6 minutes. Add remaining chocolate. Stir until melted. Add toasted seeds and stir. Set some aside to sprinkle on top.
- Pour chocolate onto baking sheet in even layer of about 8x10 inches. Sprinkle with remaining seeds. Refrigerate 30 minutes. Break into pieces.