Chili heads will love this, a spicy tofu dish that builds to a fiery climax.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes, plus overnight refrigeration
Yield: Serves 4
- 1 pound firm or extra firm tofu, cubed
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup Sriracha sauce
- 1 tablespoon tahini paste
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 bundle green onions, stemmed with tops removed
- Drizzle vegetable oil
- Drain tofu. Cover in paper towels, place on cutting board and weight to drive out excess moisture. Let stand for 15 minutes. Cut into 1-inch cubes.
- Combine Sriracha, tahini paste, soy sauce, sesame seeds, sesame oil, garlic and 3 chopped onions in food processor. Process ingredients until smooth, about 30 seconds.
- Place tofu cubes in shallow baking dish and coat with sauce. Cover and marinate overnight. Reserve extra for dipping.
- Prep grill. Apply light coating of vegetable oil to grill pan. Grill tofu and remaining onions until lightly charred, about 10 minutes (5 minutes on each side).