Tuna Tapenade Crostinis
Like the best tuna sandwich you’ve ever had except 10 times better.
Tuna Tapenade CrostinisMakes about 24 crostinis
- 1 5-ounce can Genova tuna packed in olive oil, drained
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1/2 cup pitted green olives, sliced
- 1 hard-boiled egg, chopped fine
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped fine
- Handful fresh basil leaves, torn
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 lemon, zest
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 day-old baguette, sliced
Prep time: 15 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
Add tuna to mixing bowl, breaking apart flesh with fork. Add garlic, capers and green olives. Stir about 1 minute. Add egg, 1 tablespoon olive oil, parsley, basil, lemon juice and zest to bowl. Stir about 2 minutes. Don’t over-process; flecks of green and the yellow egg yolk should be visible. Cover and refrigerate for one hour.
Slice bread into thin sections. Brush with 3 tablespoons olive oil. Place on baking sheet. Cook about 8 minutes, or golden brown. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
Mound tapenade on crostinis. Serve at room temperature. Awesome with aioli sauce.