Boiling waxy potatoes with turmeric prior to roasting adds to their golden hue.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 45 minutes
Yield: Feeds 4 as a side dish
- 2 lbs. red or yellow waxy potatoes, quartered
- 2 quarts lightly brined water
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 tbs. olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 sprigs rosemary, chopped fine
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Bring cooking pot to boil with lightly brined water and turmeric. Cook potatoes for 8 to 10 minutes until fork tender but not soft. Drain and place potatoes in a large mixing bowl. Toss with olive oil to ensure an even coating.
- Arrange potatoes in a single layer on baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and rosemary. Place baking sheet on lower rack of over and cook to 45 minutes, turning once or twice to ensure veggies cook evenly.