This dish has all the bases covered: People who can't stand cruciferous vegetables like roasted cauliflower and people who like veggies can't get enough of this dish.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Total time: 1 hour
Yield: Feeds 4 as a side
- 1 cauliflower head, cut into florets
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 15 oz. can garbanzo beans, drained
- 6 shallots, peeled and cut lengthwise
- 3 bay leaves
- 2 oz. olive oil
- 1 tbs. lemon juice
- 1.5 tbs. turmeric
- 1 teaspoon nigella seeds or black mustard seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 12 parsley sprigs, chopped fine
- Preheat over to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place cauliflower, tomatoes, shallots and garbanzo beans in a large mixing bowl with bay leaves.
- Combine the olive oil, lemon, turmeric, seeds, paprika and cumin in glass jar. Seal and shake well. Pour contents over vegetables. Toss to ensure an even coating.
- Pour ingredients onto a baking sheet. Arrange in a single layer, place sheet in the oven. Turn pan once or twice and flip veggies once or twice to ensure they cook evenly. Cook for about 40 minutes, or until golden brown and crisp.