A trio of game day staples melted into gooey perfection.
- 8 to 10 ounces rennet-free sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 3 ounces rennet-free Swiss cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 4 to 6 ounces lager beer
- 4 to 6 ounces salsa
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 10 minutes
- Combine grated cheese in a mixing bowl. Add cornstarch to prevent clumping and stir, about 1 minute. Reserve some.
- In a saucepan bring beer to a low boil over medium-high heat. Add salsa. Add lime juice. Stir until ingredients bubble, about 2 minutes. Add cheese in small batches and stir until it melts, about 3 minutes. Add reserved cheese to thicken, salsa to season, beer to thin, according to taste. Transfer contents to heated fondue pot. Add jalapeno.
- Serve with any combination of jicama sticks, tortilla chips, cubed French bread, apple slices.
Yield: Serves 6-8